The company S.G. Skiadaresis began from a traditional workshop preparing loukoumia and confectionery in Patras in 1946, founded by Spyridon Skiadaresis. His son Gerasimos took over the family business in 1965, following his father’s vision and successfully continuing his work, gradually expanding it into a cottage industry. In 1985, the enterprise relocated to new, privately-owned production facilities covering 2,000 m2 in Eglykada, Patras.

In 1998, Spyros and Viviana Skiadaresi, the next generation of the family, took over the business and converted its corporate form to a general partnership. The new owners renewed the operations of the company and enriched the founder’s invaluable secret recipes, creating a larger range of loukoumia and confectionery. At the same time, they renovated the retails store at the factory premises, giving loukoumi-lovers the opportunity to purchase their beloved treats directly at the production site.

The year 2005 was the starting point of a major change for the company, as it marked the complete renovation of its facilities, investments in new machinery, certification under ISO 90001/2000 and the final stage of HACCP certification.